Haiti Reconstruction: A Report-Back from a Labor Solidarity Delegation
Info: 212-781-5157 • 347-792-7091
On the 3-Year anniversary of the 2010 Earthquake
• What happened to $billions in aid?
• Why build only sweatshops?
• Why is Haiti still under US/UN Occupation?
• Why is the minimum wage so low in Haiti?
• How is the labor movement fighting back?
• How do those struggles relate to workers' struggles here and around the world?
Speakers / Photo projection:
Marty Goodman (former TWU Local 100 executive board member, Socialist Action member)
David Wilson (Weekly News Update on the Americas)
Saturday, January 12 - 6 PM
CWA Local 1180
6 Harrison Street (basement), Manhattan
(Bet. Hudson St and Greenwich St)
#1 to Franklin St or A,C, E, 2 or 3 to Chambers St
Organized by The Haiti Anti-Sweatshop Committee
Info: 212-781-5157 • 347-792+7091
One Struggle (NY), The Batay Ouvriye Solidarity Network
Photo by Marty Goodman/Socialist Action
For more on labor organizing in Haiti, see "Haiti In $7-Per-Day Fight, Haitian Workers Call for North American Support"