Lung Cancer & New York City Kitchens: Why Increased Radon Levels in Natural Gas Could Be a Public Health Disaster

Date: 
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 7:00pm - 9:30pm
Location: 
The Cooper Union - The Great Hall: 7 East 7th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues New York, NY 10003
Contact: 

Patrick Robbins, Cooper Union Institute for Sustainable Design (212) 353-4253; Eric Weltman, Food and Water Watch (718) 943-9085

Could your gas stove make you sick? The Cooper Union Institute for Sustainable Design (CUISD) presents a public education forum, Lung Cancer & New York City Kitchens, to inform New York City residents about changes to the City’s natural gas supply. The forum will address the dangers of potentially elevated radon levels from the use of natural gas, what can be done about it, and ways to create a more sustainable energy future in which the risks of both respiratory illness and radon-induced lung cancer are eliminated. Experts in the radiation, energy, housing, public health and worker safety communities will be present to share their opinions and analysis.

Free and open to the public. Please register at bit.ly/NYCRadonForum.